PRODUCT BENEFITS & RESEARCH
NORWEGIAN OMEGA 3
Pure Single Source Fish Oil When Purity Matters
Omega fatty acids, (EFAs) have a part in running virtually every vital system in the human body. In order for these systems to function properly, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids should be consumed in an equal ratio. For centuries the human diet consisted of an equal ratio of EFAs, but modern food processing techniques and dietary tendencies have most Americans consuming omega-6s at an alarming 30:1 ratio.
DPA - Docosapentaenoic Acid - not usually found in most fish oils
DPA Found only in menhaden
• Intermediate fatty acid between EPA and DHA 22
• Competitive displacement of omega-6 fatty acids limit omega-6 absorption
• Found to reduce atherosclerotic risk factors
• Found to increase EPA and DHA concentrations in the blood suggesting the
body might convert DPA to EPA and DHA depending on the current needsNot All Fish Oils Are Created Equal
DHA - Docosahexaenoic Acid
DHA supports a health mental attitude and good vision because it is a major building block of tissues in the brain and the retina of the eyes. It is used as a structural component of membranes which are the protective walls that surround each cell in our brains. It is also used in forming several natural neural transmitters, such as phosphatidyl serine, vital to normal nerve and brain function.
EPA - Eicosapentaenoic Acid
EPA promotes a healthy cardiovascular system by regulating the formation of healthy body prostaglandins, which regulate cell activity. The Omega-3 oils, EPA & DHA support flexible joint function, vibrant skin and improved blood chemistry.
FRIENDS OF THE SEA
- Highly-regulated U.S. waters
- Regulated by numerous state and federal agencies
- Typical by-catch is less than 1%
- Use a net mesh that allows smaller and immature fish to escape
- The natural spawning cycle is protected by limiting harvest from April through October
- Illegal, unregulated, and unreported (IUU) fishing banned
- Certified sustainable by the “Friend of the Sea”, a nonprofit, non-governmental organization
SUPERIOR PURITY AND REFINEMENT
- Harvested, chilled on vessels
Molecular distillation (separates toxins from oil)
- Third party testing facility
- 25 times fewer PCBs and contaminants than industry standard
DHA Omega 3 Uptake Improved by DPA in Natural Biology's Norwegian Omega 3
DHA is critical to cognitive health. DHA accounts for 40% of the polyunsaturated fats in the brain. Brain synapses - the connectors through which the brain neurons communicate with each other - have a higher concentration of DHA than any other tissues in the body. This is why Norwegian Omega 3 is so effective because the DPA improves the efficacy of the DHA - thus higher absorption rates.
Recent studies support the need for DHA Omega 3 to support healthy cell signaling. DHA is also a major structural fat in the retina for the eye. Overall almost all western adults need to supplement with Omega 3 because our diets have an unhealthy Omega 6 ratio to Omega 3 ratio - and it should be 1 to 1 versus the current 9 to 1 ratio.